As a Lead WebOps Engineer you will be responsible for deploying and overseeing on-going operation of digital services and solutions across a variety of projects. As a Lead WebOps Engineer you will take ownership of substantial components or layers of the solution while being consulted as an authority figure for both configuration management and continuous integration. You will also provide strong automation leadership within your project, mentoring and growing your team members.
- Responsible for successful automated deployment of the infrastructure supporting the solution delivery to project timing and quality targets.
- Operating within Agile environments
- Responsible for promoting and practicing automation and test-driven deployment.
- Responsible for significant individual contribution to the velocity of their project team, maintaining good time management during periods of high intensity.
- Works directly with clients as required, presenting a professional image of Kainos.
- Works with Technical Architects and Solution Architects to define overall solution principles and architectures.
- Responsible for detailed design of components or layers that are scalable, resilient, open, efficient, secure, and cost-effective.
- Ensures that all implementation decisions are both technically and commercially viable.
- Produces commercially viable estimates for technical work.
- Performs or leads technical review activities within project.
- Mentors and proactively develops team members by evaluating and giving feedback.
- Maintains a current knowledge of relevant technology developments and standards. Proactively shares knowledge within their project team, across Kainos projects teams and publicly.
- Delivers valuable advice, guidance and thought leadership to clients on use of technology.
- Identifies ways to improve Kainos effectiveness in configuration management.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrable experience of leading the operational deployment of digital services.
- Will be consulted by their peers within a project team for their skills and experience. Seen as an authority figure.
- Expert knowledge of configuring and managing infrastructure platforms with a particular focus on Linux based Operating Systems.
- Demonstrable experience of Configuration Management.
- Demonstrable experience of Continuous Delivery Pipelines and associated Continuous Integration tools.
- Understanding of Agile methodology and demonstrable experience of delivering projects within an Agile environment
- Experience of complete project life cycle, with specific emphasis on design, construction, testing and tools and methods.
- Sound understanding of tools, design methodologies and best practice.
- Good understanding and application of quality practices as applied to Kainos solutions.
- Sound understanding of software development practices.
- Sound understanding of security, performance tuning, capacity planning, resilience, and availability across heterogeneous architectures.
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos. Details on how to apply for this will be included in your offer letter
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.